About Marvin Garland
Marvin is a professional leader with more than 30 years of achievement in executive leadership, financial management, and strategic planning in a variety of industries. He has achieved results managing marketing, operations, sales, human resources, technology, finance, accounting and product development. s. During that time, he completed multiple acquisitions, negotiated the exit of product lines and executed the business plan for various start-up companies.
Previous positions included Chief Auditor, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Innovations Officer for various companies including not for profit.
I was blessed to grow up working in our family’s small businesses and experienced first-hand the challenges of an entrepreneur. The values of hard work, trust and always doing the right thing served us well. After experiencing the growth and challenges in our family’s business I have a deep appreciation for the role a trusted adviser can provide.
- Budget, Forecasting & Spend Analysis
- Cash Management
- Growth & Exit Strategies
- Contract Pricing, Strategies & Negotiations
- Process Improvement
- Due Diligence, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Board & Investor Relations
- Strategic Partnership Development
- Florida State University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Business Transition Expert
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Tallahassee Rotary
- Network of Entrepreneurs & Business Advocates
- Tallahassee Regional Estate Planning Council
- Florida Society of Association Executives