About Dan Young
Dan has over 30 years of progressive financial and executive management experience in a broad array of industries involving companies from start-ups to those with more than $500M in revenues. Throughout his career, Dan has engaged both domestic and global companies, including international financial management as an expatriate in Brazil.
Sustainable, profitable growth sums up Dan’s outlook on the objectives of growing businesses. Developing the firm’s strategic plans and organizing the related financing required to achieve that growth are integral parts of the CFO’s responsibility. Dan’s varied and extensive background helps entrepreneurs and other private company management solve their business problems through business planning and execution coupled with accountability models. These are critical factors as companies look to develop and execute exit strategies.
Dan is a hands-on professional financial manager with a demonstrable track record of success. His accomplishments include oversight and development of key company metrics impacting finance, sales, and operations, the ability to report accurate and timely financial information, and helping senior management interpret that information to impel and direct operations management to the attainment of the organization’s mission and vision. Having served in executive roles, Dan has a keen understanding of the needs of executives and is able to organize information in a concise and relevant manner. Dan also has an extensive background in financial information systems with platforms ranging from QuickBooks to Sage and many mid-market accounting systems in between.
His past roles have included Chief Financial Officer, VP & General Manager, President & CEO, as well as CFO Consultant for many start-ups and mature businesses. Dan is also very active in community service. He is President and Board Chair of the Legends at Weston Hills Condominium Association, and sits on the Boards Big Brothers Big Sisters Broward, HANDY, The First Tee of Broward, Children’s Golf Foundation, Weston Hills Country Club and Tower Club Fort Lauderdale.
Dan has a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from the University of Miami, a Masters in Accounting from Nova Southeastern University, and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University. He has been a resident of the Weston-Fort Lauderdale Florida area since 1998 where he presently lives with his wife Nayibe. Dan strives to live a healthy lifestyle with a good balance of faith, family, friends, and fun. His hobbies includes golf and exercising.
- University of Miami
- Nova Southeastern University
Certificates & Licenses:
- BSIE, MACC, MBA
- Rotary Club of Weston
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Broward
- The First Tee of Broward
- Children’s Golf Foundation
Articles by Dan Young
- Tip 10 of 12 – Would I be willing to stay on if the buyer wants me to?
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- Question 9 of 12 before selling your business – Can the business thrive without me?
- The Magna Man: My Road to Economic Freedom
- Question 8 of 12 before selling your business – Can I keep up with Technology?
- Think and Grow Rich
- Question 7 of 12 before selling your business – Is the Market Right?
- Question 6 of 12 before selling your business – Is it the right time to sell?
- The 8th Habit: From effectiveness to greatness Book Summary
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Book Summary
- 12 Tips before selling your business – Tip 5 of 12
- The Go-Giver
- 12 Tips before selling your business – Tip 4 of 12
- Outliers – The Story of Success
- 12 Tips before selling your business – Tip 3 of 12
- 12 Tips before selling your business – Tip 2 of 12
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Crushing It!
- 3 tips to manage office romances
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected President of The First Tee of Broward
- 12 Tips before selling your business – Tip 1 of 12
- 5 steps to breaking through in 2019
- 6 Key Components to grow your Business in 2019
- Conversations with difficult employees made easy
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected Handy Board Chair
- 5 tips to achieving work-life balance
- 5 Tips for Leading A Growing Company From FORBES’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups
- Audit proof your business by eliminating these 5 Tax Audit Triggers
- B2B CFO® appoints Dan Young as Senior Partner
- B2B CFO® named to Forbes Small Giants of 2018
- Preparing for the frustrating surprises
- Florida Entrepreneurs discuss challenges related to selling a business
- Which type of buyer is best for you?
- The #1 concern business owners have about selling their business
- 5 Keys to Creating an Effective Financial Plan for you and your Business
- Why Many Businesses Don’t Sell and What Owners Should Know before Taking the Leap
- The 6 C’s of Business Credit
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected Board Member of the Children’s Golf Foundation
- 5 Marketing trends that must be embraced in 2018
- The New Tax Law – 13 Key Changes for 2018
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected to Weston Hills Country Club’s Board of Governors
- 4 keys to increasing your leadership capacity
- How to protect your businesses from becoming a defendant in Personal Injury Cases
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected to Tower Club Fort Lauderdale’s Board of Governors
- LLC vs Corporation – Truths and Myths
- Assessing your Company’s Cyber Security Readiness
- 5 key year-end tax strategies
- When do you need to be concerned about your Memory?
- Unlock the secrets of your financial statements
- Summer Reading List
- Simplify Your Life with a Financial Dashboard
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young leads the Exit Planning Dialogue
- top 5 Small Business Tech Trends in 2017
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected to The First Tee Broward Council of Directors
- 6 cautions when the sale of your business is being financed
- minimize taxes when you sell
- what is your business really worth?
- 5 ways to grow your profits
- B2B CFO® Partner Dan Young elected to HANDY’s board
- keys to boosting customer value
- 5 steps to goal alignment
- Happy New Year from Dan Young, B2B CFO®
- Happy Holidays from Dan Young, B2B CFO®
- 9 steps to sales success in 2017
- 5 ways to exit!!
- 3 must do’s to get ready for next year!!
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Names B2B CFO Among Nation’s Top 100 Small Businesses at the 2015 Small Business Summit