How to Win Friends and Influence People
How To Win Friends And Influence People teaches you countless principles to become a likable person, handle your relationships well, win others over and help them change their behavior without being intrusive. This book was first written in 1936 and has stood the test of time. The principles are as relevant today as they were then. This book is a must read for anybody who has a desire to be super successful, certainly entrepreneurs, sales executives, business owners, managers, and anybody who depends on people. The book covers the following four topics:
– Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
– Six Ways to Make People Like You
– How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
– Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
According to Dale Carnegie, the Fundamental Techniques in Handling People are:
– Principle 1: Don’t Criticize, condemn, or complain.
– Principle 2: Give honest and sincere appreciation.
– Principle 3: Arouse in the other person and eager want.
Six ways to Make People Like You:
– Principe 1: Become genuinely interested in other people.
– Principle 2: Smile.
– Principle 3: Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
– Principle 4: Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
– Principle 5: Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
– Principle 6: Make the other person feel important; and do it sincerely.
I encourage you to read the book and learn about all the topics. The book is filled with real life stories which are very applicable in today’s business and personal life. If you don’t have time to read the entire book, HubSpot have prepared a very cool summary of the book. Just click the link below:
The following book are on reading list:
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg